“We are finally seeing some sense of justice for Mr. Faqiri and his family. His death was due to inappropriate use of deadly force rather than the correctional officers utilizing de-escalation techniques to help Mr. Faqiri in his crisis. The Schizophrenia Society of Canada has long advocated for evidenced-based scenario de-escalation training for correctional officers and police officers.” Chris Summerville, CEO of the Schizophrenia Society of Canada.
- How an investigative podcast helped get justice for an Ontario family, plus new podcasts for January
- Ontario misses deadline on first of 57 Soleiman Faqiri inquest recommendations
- Going to jail can disrupt health care for people with mental illness, inquest hears
- Forensic psychiatrist testifies at coroner’s inquest into death of Soleiman Faqiri
- Mentally ill man should not have been in jail where he died, inquest hears